Please click on the job opportunities below to read more. If interested in applying for one of the positions, please see the contact information found on each individual listing and follow the instructions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-829-9444. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Full Time and Part Time Emergency Doctors
POSITION: Full-time and Part-time Veterinarians
Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital and Referral Services is seeking experienced Emergency Veterinarians to join our 24-hour emergency hospital. We are AAHA accredited and strive to provide our clients and patients with the highest levels of support, comfort and peace of mind knowing they are in the best possible hands. Our 21,000 square foot facility has top of the line medical equipment and digital X-ray machines.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- POSITION: Full-time and Part-time Veterinarians
- A valid Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, enabling practice in Canada
- A member in good standing of the College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO)
- Completed an internship in Emergency or Critical Care or prior emergency experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills combined with a positive team player attitude to enable our teams to flourish
- Excellent diagnostic skills and comfortable with routine emergency surgeries
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
- Ability to handle working shift work that will include days, overnights, weekends and holidays
- What we can offer:
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA Canada conferences, seminars and CE allowance
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- A commitment to give back through initiatives such as MOVE Pet Foundation, Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry
- Competitive wages, pet and veterinary discounts and group benefits
INTERESTED? Please forward your resume to Dr. Adrian Stroia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.
Are you bored with the routine of regular practice?
Are you looking for the opportunity to utilize all of your technical skills to the fullest?
Have you considered a career in emergency medicine?
Look no further! The Emergency Department at the Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital has current openings for Registered Veterinary Technicians to join our team!
MOVEH is a leading edge 24-hour emergency and referral hospital located on the Mississauga / Oakville border. At our hospital, you will utilize all of the skills that you were trained for while taking part in practicing the best veterinary medicine available.
The emergency department is currently offering both full time and part time positions.
Full time employment includes a benefit package, uniform and CE allowance not to mention a three day work week!! (3 X 12hr shifts).
Part time employment includes a uniform and CE allowance and the opportunity to make your own schedule. Working part time in ER is a great way to supplement your income! Our part time technicians can work as little as two shifts per month or as much as they want.
We also offer a signing bonus to our new team members!
Don’t think you have enough experience, not to worry, extensive training is always offered for those thinking about taking the plunge into emergency medicine for the first time.
If you are looking to join a talented, supportive and passionate team of Veterinarians and support staff, your search stops here! Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions about the positions.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to the email provided below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Animal Care Attendant - Surgery Department
Veterinary Animal Care Attendant Surgery Department – VCA Canada Mississauga – Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital Oakville, Ontario
About the Opportunity!
VCA Canada MIssissauga – Oakville Emergency Hospital is currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and motivated Animal Care Attendant to join our clinic. This full-time opportunity includes a range of responsibilities which directly attributes to the efficient and effective daily operation of the hospital. The successful applicant will learn from trained Surgery ACAs, RVTs, and board certified Surgeons. A few attributes and qualifications are;
· Previous experience in a Veterinary Setting
· Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
· Caring for our patients; feeding, walking and offering a gentle voice of assurance
· Ensure animal housing or enclosure is clean, sanitary and comfortable
· Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for patients and pet parents
· Excellent customer service skills; a real aptitude for putting pets and pet parents at ease and creating a welcoming environment
· General housekeeping duties; pet holding areas and common areas when required
· Willingness to learn more regarding; pet nutrition, veterinary services, updated medical office procedures and assisting the veterinary staff with various tasks and treatments
VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
· Exceptional career development
· Generous personal pet care discounts
· A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
· And more perks!
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive benefits for full time employees as well as a generous uniform allowance.
VCA Canada Cares!
At VCA Canada we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.vcacanada.com.
To apply for this position, copy the link below into a web browser to apply through our internal career site:
Have a question? Email: Careers.email@example.com
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.